Developed by the Institute for Neuro Physiological Psychology (INPP) in England, this individualized home program is designed to integrate primitive reflexes. It involves an initial assessment to look behind the difficulties. Treatment for the underlying causes consists of 5 to 10 minutes of daily physical exercises at home under parental supervision.
Incomplete integration of childhood reflexes can contribute towards many learning, developmental and behavioral challenges which can make a child’s school or home-life challenging.
A reflex integration program can help with:
- Writing and fine motor difficulties
- Clumsiness and awkward movement
- Poor balance and coordination
- Attention issues (ADD or ADHD)
- Chronic anxiety and panic disorders
- Over-reactivity and unreasonable behavior
- Eye movement difficulties
- Sensory Integration disorders